Blitzkrieg, released in 2003, is the original title that started the entire series. It is now available in limited jewel case and through digital (download and play) distribution methods only. Purchase Blitzkrieg here.
Blitzkrieg is the fine art of strategy, but with much more finesse! Dissect your enemy with surgical precision, halt the enemy's advance with strategic tank and air assaults, and maintain your offensive momentum. You can prove your tactical skills by triumphing in various historical campaigns during World War II. Command more effectively over the course of the war.
Progress through the game is rewarded through access to the latest warfare technology, so strategic guile is recommended.
Accept the challenge and launch your assault, remembering that:
Attack is the best form of defense!
- Thrilling real time strategy game set during World War II Soviet, German and western Allied campaigns with more than 80 missions
- More than 200 3D vehicles with realistic weapon and armor data
- Large units such as trains and coastal artillery
- 3D landscapes extend tactical possibilities
- Armies can be extended and improved through promotions and special missions
- Multiplayer game via LAN or the Internet
- Vehicle database
- Historically accurate battles in Africa, Russia and Europe
- Large operations involving hundreds of Soviet, German and western Allied units
- More than 40 kinds of infantry with specialized weapons
- More than 250 types of buildings and objects
- Units move realistically
- All landscape objects are destructible
- Numerous videos from World War II provide for a thoroughly absorbing atmosphere
- Enemy equipment can be stolen and used
- Ability to build bridges, dig trenches, lay mines and call for air support (fighters, bombers, low level fighters, reconnaissance, paratroopers)
- Generate missions, maps, textures and models, as well as add sounds
Minimum: MS-Windows 98/2000/ME/XP, Direct X8.1 or higher, Internet Explorer 5.0 or higher, 64 MB RAM, Pentium II 366 MHz, Direct Sound compatible soundc ard, 4-fach CD-Rom, 2.400 MB free disc space, DirectX8.1-compatible graphics card with 8 MB
Recommended: MS-Windows 98/2000/ME/XP, Direct X8.1 or higher, Internet Explorer 5.0 or higher, 128 MB RAM, Pentium III 800 MHz, Direct Sound compatible sound card, 16-fach CD-Rom, 2.400 MB free disc space, DirectX8.1-compatible, T&L-enabled graphics card with 32 MB